The Clifford Pier, a restaurant that just recently opened at The Fullerton Bay Hotel will be offering a selection of Singaporean delicacies at 30 cents each to the first 81 guests who dine in from 11.30 am to 2.30 pm.
It’s the 81st anniversary of the Clifford Pier and the restaurant is located at where their pier is. Looking at the photo above, it’s totally different from what it used to be in the 1930s! Maybe some of your grandparents will have photos of this place long ago!
Many of our parents used to say that their food used to cost 10 cents, 20 cents and it crept to the prices that we pay today. Just for one day (3 June), many of the dishes will be back to 30 cents.
So what can you eat there for 30 cents? Here’s the list.
The Pier’s Heritage Dishes (30 cents per dish, excluding taxes)
- Rickshaw Noodles (U.P. $18) Stewed Hokkien noodles with bok choy and anchovies
- Soup Kambing (U.P. $15) Spiced mutton soup with crispy shallots and scallions
- Teochew Porridge (U.P. $19) Rice porridge, braised peanuts, steamed fish, salted duck egg, pickled mustard greens and preserved turnip omelette
- Fried Carrot Cake and Sweet Soy Prawns (U.P. $16) Wok-fried turnip cake with prawns in sweet and spicy soy sauce
- 6 Crispy Shells Ubin Kueh Pie Tee (U.P. $15) Crispy shells filled with shredded fragrant turnips, Ubin’s prawns and fresh herbs
The Pier’s Beverages (30 cents per glass of beverage, excluding taxes)
- Virgin Red Lantern (U.P. $14) Cucumber, lime, watermelon and sugar cane juice
- Bandung (U.P. $8) Rosewater infused with evaporated milk and ice
- Chin Chow (U.P. $8) Shredded grass jelly and fresh soy milk drink
The 81 diners will be determined on a first come first served basis from 11.30am to 2.30pm on 3 June 2014. So it’s for those who are free or working in the area. (or those who loves to queue…. 😉 )
The Clifford Pier
80 Collyer Quay,