Have you heard of the Ultimate Hawker Fest?
Imagine Singapore hawker food that uses the best ingredients available in Singapore.
– Wagyu Beef Satay.(from the Singapore Halal Culinary Federation)
– Popiah with Lobster (from Kway Guan Huat Joo Chiat Original Popiah)
– Bak Kut Teh with premium loin ribs (from Song Fa Bak Kut Teh)
– Gu Bak Kway Teow with Wagyu Beef. (from Hock Lam Beef)
– Char Siew made from US Pig Jowl (From Fatty Cheong)
– Laksa with Boston Lobster meat. (by Chef Eric Teo)
– and many more…
The many premium food supplier that supplies these top end ingredients to restaurants have come together with these famous hawkers/chefs to re-create their signature dishes.
The full menu can be viewed at: http://www.touch.org.sg/ultimatehawkerfest2012
Here’s a video to tell you more.
I am helping to publicize this event because of the noble aim to raise $150,000 to support the beneficiaries of TOUCH Community Services. The beneficiaries includes children from low-income or single-parent families, youths at risk, needy families, people with special and healthcare needs, and the frail elderly.
Date: Saturday, 20 October 2012
Time: 5pm – 10pm 7pm (Arrival of Guest-of-Honour)
Venue: Millenia Walk, 9 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039596 (Next to Promenade MRT station)
Coupons ($50 per sheet) can be purchased from www.touch.org.sg/UltimateHawkerFest2012
or the Millenia Walk Service Desk.
Note: On the purchase website, it states that all purchases and donations are tax deductible. Donors get 250% tax deduction. So this is a good time for you to support this charity, help the disadvantaged, reduce your payable taxes and at the same time eat delicious food!