It’s “The Buffet” in Singapore that is held two times a year.
If Gardens by the Bay is like bringing the plants all around the world into 2 Glass Domes and a few theme gardens on 250 acres of land, The Ritz-Carlton SuperBrunch is bringing different kinds of food from the world and spread it over the Ritz’s Greenhouse Restaurant, over the foyer to the Chihuly Lounge at the other side.
The wife and I was at the 8th installment of the bi-annual SuperBrunch on 21 October 2012.
Thanks to the invitation of the PR team of The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore, we got to enjoy this feast and also to take some photos before everyone starts eating.
This was the big team that prepared the SuperBrunch. I think probably all the F&B staff of the whole hotel were involved!
I will just let the photos do the talking!
I was particularly attracted to the lobster ice sculpture!
For those who like cold seafood, here’s some of it! There were more!
The SuperBrunch must be quite special for the staff as well, as you can see them posing for photos together too!
OK, I don’t know why the roast duck was there in that section. 😉
You can see them excited and smiling! They are mostly camera shy, but I happen to capture some photos of them before the SuperBrunch started.
Not that I am saying they don’t work their hearts out during the usual buffets, they are particularly proud and excited on SuperBrunch days!
I usually skip this section when there’s so much other food!
Don’t judge me please. 😉
These little bowls of deliciousness were things not to be missed.
These were on the serving trays, but in the same area.
I suggest taking 1 piece and sharing it with you partner. You would not be able to try everything in the SuperBrunch!
If you got a soft spot for flowers, I think the florist in the hotel must be working doubly hard too!
Flower arrangement everywhere! So artistically and beautifully set up!
Salad area. Love the way they used the props to put the food!
Those who like sweet stuff, this will drive you totally wild!
Ahem, beautiful isn’t it?
No one was seen plucking and biting into it. LOL!
If you have been following me on instagram, you probably would have seen the ones I ate.
Oh…. I can eat a lot and a lot of these!
Don’t they just look so tempting?
Strawberries that looks like little tulip plants! Gorgeous aren’t they?
Ice cream all ready scooped!
Happy Folks again!
All so busy! It’s 5 minutes before the SuperBrunch starts!
The Greenhouse does look different ya?
They transformed the whole place!
At the foyer, the tuna was waiting….
I heard it whisper to me, eat me. You won’t regret it….
Assorted sushi all ready for the huge crowd to devour!
I love these!
How many can you finish?
Cute children! Very blessed as well, to be here!
The preserved legs!
I know some of you are crazy about it!
These were my favourites that day!
Yup, I skipped this section as well. Though I was so tempted by them!
I started this post 2 weeks ago, and I am now finishing it up in Paris.
I see this everywhere and smelling so good!
For those who like noodles and soup. See, it’s not only the eaters nowadays that take photos. The chefs themselves are taking photos. 😉 Maybe the chef has his own blog or instagram account!
So artistically delicious isn’t it?
Are you a fan of these?
The section with the longest queue!
(Yes, they were shy and keep looking away!)
Everyone was queuing to get the various caviar!
More cured stuff and dips and mixes!
If you have never been to the SuperBrunch, it’s like going to a gourmet deli but only better!
Look at how artistically and beautiful the food had been crafted to be displayed.
Not only can you admire the food, you can pick them up and try too!
It might sound expensive, but if you look at the things they serve here, you can justify it.
Come to think of it, in the various gourmet deli, you don’t see them so beautifully displayed!
They are usually behind the counters. Here’s you can pick them up and eat straight away!
Any of these food tempted you yet?
Look! Look! Serving food in tins!
Zooming in for you to be tempted by these sardines!
I was told there are hundreds of cheese that you can try here!
More photos of them at my Flickr feed if you are interested 😉
Those who like cheese, probably worth paying and getting in here just for the cheese!
There’s Italian, French, British, Swiss, German and Spanish cheeses.
There are different pricing, you can opt for different champagne to go with your meal.
Oh look at this piece of 24 hour roasted Australian wagyu!
This section was my favourite. It’s the section that I had more than 1 serving of my favourite meats!
Look at these alien robot macarons!
Unless you totally don’t take sweet stuff, this will tempt you!
Too cute beyond description! Too marvellous for words!
They come in all sizes! This huge one was eaten by someone too!
The chocolate was slowly being ‘plucked’ off!
Sickening sweet and tempting isn’t it?
I was a happy boy in Sugar Town!
Look! Curse! Get jealous!
Or just simply reserve you seats lah……
I think this was so beautiful!
It’s floating on water!
I love the florist here!
Yes, I am attracted to flowers, because mum and some aunties used to arrange flowers for church and we always look at how they were arranged.
Courtesy of the wonderful PR Team from The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore.
If you are lazy, sitting at your place, food gets delivered to you too!
So cute right? I am talking about the food.
Soup from the invited chef from Bangkok that was served to our tables.
The wagyu was awesome! The seafood makes you salivate.
The other champagne that you can have.
She’s got the whole world in her hands…
She’s got the whole world in her hands…
Actually, she’s got our food in her hands. LOL!
The caviar platter that everyone was queueing for!
I will just end my long post with these pictures of the food we had…
Desserts chef bring around stuff! So cute right? Treasure boxes!
Oh look! The chefs from DB Bistro Moderne were there too!
You can spot a lot of our local artiste there too. I saw Hossan Leong amongst others there as well.
The next (ninth) installment of the biannual SuperBrunch will be on 17 March 2013!
This coming installment will be the new Executive Chef Massimo Pasquarelli’s first SuperBrunch.
I am sure as his first and also beaming with ideas, it will be a equally marvelous or better SuperBrunch.
Here’s some highlights of the coming SuperBrunch.
- Miniature Plates by Chef Massimo Pasquarelli: King crab jelly tartar with purple carrot mousse & carrot confit, organic Scottish salmon with razor clams, clam jelly, fish croquette & daikon cream, organic tomatoes and micro greens with Sicilian gambero rosso & olive basil mustard vinaigrette, guinea fowl & truffle with garlic cream & taro truffle mushroom jus and spiced jelly with Nashi pear cream with Yuzu meringue & kaki Japanese mikan soup.
- Canapés: Smoked salmon mille feuille, seared beef fillet, tuna mousse on Japanese cucumber, foie gras quiche with balsamic jelly, beer-battered cod fillet and lobster thermidor vol au vent.
- Crustacean: Eight varieties of French, Australian & Canadian oysters, poached Atlantic lobsters, chilled tiger prawns, scallops, crab, sashimi and sushi
- Salmon & Caviar: Caviar selection, Oak-smoked salmon, Hickory-smoked salmon Applewood smoked salmon, Gravalax, hot-smoked salmon, Thai-cured salmon, salmon pastrami, Teriyaki-cured salmon, smoked ocean trout, seafood terrine, salmon rillette and salmon ballotine.
- Charcuterie: Foie gras terrine, pot au feu terrine, duck galantine, cured duck breast, chicken foie gras parfait with port jelly, pork trotter vinaigrette, prune Armagnac pate, apple Calvados pate, cured beef, salami, chorizo, mortadella, coppa ham and Jamon.
- Carving: 24-hour roasted Australian wagyu beef saddle served with a reduction of jus, cognac and five peppers, roasted spring lamb (10 kg) on a oak wood spit marinated with lemon, mint, basil, olive oil and oregano, whole pig porchetta (30kg) from Abruzzo (Italy) seaoned with peppers, rosemary, garlic and wild fennel cooked over a wood fire, baked rare white Alaskan salmon with mushroom fricassee in a salt crust and roasted French bresse chicken served with albufera sauce.
- Tapas: Iberico ham with cepes & hazelnut puree, foie gras parfait with cherry port wine jelly, Parma ham bruschetta with truffle pecorino, cod fish esqueixada, escalivida with foie gras & smoked eel, chorizo, morcilla & fennel sausage and Serrano ham & king prawn tostadas.
- à la minute stations: Pan-fried foie gras with marinated plums, organic eggs as-you-like-it and pasta.
- Pasta & Risottos: Lobster risotto, truffle risotto and asparagus risotto.
- Mains: Scallop & monkfish crepinette, veal paupiette, kurobuta pork roll, quail & foie gras ravioli, lobster dumplings, steamed garoupa, glazed five-spice pork belly and braised abalone.
- Cheese: 100 varieties of cheese from Italy, France, UK, Switzerland, Germany & Spain served with home-made fruit paste, William pear paste, quince paste, fig paste, green apple chutney, raisin chutney and wine jelly.
- Desserts: Chocolate fountain, ice cream & sorbet bar, fruit gazpacho, pineapple tarts with coconut lime cream, chocolate peanut caramel brownie, cheesecake, vanilla crème brûlée, éclairs, chocolate fudge cake, apple brioche, Caribbean panna cotta, lemon basil mousse with strawberries, coffee cream with mascarpone mousse, pineapple & calamansi cream, doughnut skewers, macaroons, pralines, chocolate hazelnut tart, fresh-baked Manjari chocolate moelleux, popcorn and candy floss.
- Unlimited Moët and Chandon Grand Vintage Rosé 2002 and Grand Vintage 2004. Enhancing the selection at the bar is a variety of wines, cocktails, mocktails and juices.
Prices:S$368 per adult (with unlimited Dom Perignon Vintage 2003, selected wine and cocktails)
S$218 per adult (with unlimited Moet and Chandon Vintage 2004 Brut and 2002 Rosé, selected wine and cocktails)
Available at Greenhouse and Chihuly Lounge from 12 to 3 p.m., all prices are subject to 10 percent service charge and prevailing government taxes.
For reservations, please contact Restaurant Reservations at 6434 5288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore
7 Raffles Avenue